Contact
 
 
County
Andrews
Region
Panhandle Plains
Population
2010 Census - 11,088
2000 Census - 9,652
Nearby
Towns
Andrews, Texas
null
Andrews Texas History:
A settlement with a store and a schoolhouse was established around 1908 when Andrews County had a population of 87. The Andrews post office was established in 1909. In 1910, Andrews won out over Shafter Lake to become the county seat of Andrews County. Growth was slow until the Deep Rock Oil Company discovered oil in the county in 1929. Andrews was incorporated in 1937. In 1973, a middle school was built and equipped with a planetarium. The modern and well-equipped schools reflected the system's reputation as one of the best and the wealthiest in the state. Andrews has a storage facility for radioactive toxic waste shipped from the dredging of the Hudson River in New York. The economy is largely based on ranching and oil related businesses. The governments of Andrews and Andrews County are both debt free. Andrews is located at the intersection of U.S. 385, SH 115, and SH 176, 56 miles northeast of Wink, 46.5 miles northeast of Kermit, 28.5 miles southeast of Seminole, 46.5 miles south of Seagraves, 49.8 miles southwest of Lamesa, 53.6 miles northwest of Stanton, 44 miles northwest of Midland, and 34.5 miles northwest of Odessa, Texas.  
 
Andrews County Veterans Memorial:
This impressive memorial features 15 engraved granite tablets listing the names of the 2,600 Andrews County residents who served in the armed forces. The memorial incorporates works of art by Ray Simon of Youngstown, Ohio, and was completed at a cost of $150,000 which was raised through donations.
 
Andrews County Courthouse, 1939:
The brick courthouse was designed in modern style by architect W.T. Strange. Additions to the front, sides, and the rear of the building obscure most of the original building. The one millionth vacuum cleaner built by the Kirby-West manufacturing plant in Andrews is located in a glass case inside the courthouse. An oil pump located in front of the courthouse commemorates the county’s 1 billionth barrel of oil. The 2010 Andrews County census was 14,786. 201 North Main Street, Andrews, TX 79714. Email 
 
Andrews County Jail:
This beautiful jail is now abandoned. It is located on the southwest side of Andrews.
 
Andrews Art Guild Association:
The group offers venues for area artists, and hosts the annual Andrews Art Guild Show in which residents may participate in family orientated theater productions. Shows are held at the James Roberts Center on Big Spring Highway. James Roberts Center: (432) 524-1463. Email
 
Andrews Business and Technology Center:
The college is operated in partnership with Odessa College and the University of Texas of the Permian Basin. (432) 523-3300. 201 Northwest Avenue D.
 
Andrews County Library:
The library provides traditional library programs, children, youth and adult programs, summer programs, public access computers with internet connections, and free Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Thu, 9am-8pm; Fri, 9am-6pm; Sat, 10am-3pm. (432) 523 – 9819. 109 NW 1st Street. Email

Andrews Municipal RV Park:
Amenities include 53 back-in wheeled camper sites with full hookups. Fishing and a playground are located nearby. Contact the Chamber of Commerce. (432) 523-2695. From U.S. 385 in Andrews, go west on West Broadway for 7 blocks. 
 
Zia Park & Black Gold Casino & Race Track, Hobbs, New Mexico:
(575) 492-7000. (888) 942-7275. 3901 W. Millen Drive, Hobbs, NM 88240. Hobbs is located 50 miles northwest of Andrews. Hobbs Map; Click to Enlarge  Area Map  
 
Andrews County Community Building:
Amenities include an event room, a kitchen, tables and chairs and a restroom. This reservable building is located at 100 Northeast 6th Street. (432) 524-1401. 
 
Ace Arena & RV Park:
Amenities include the arena, horse stalls, and RV hookups. (432) 524-5730. 
 
Posse Building:
This building is located on Seminole Highway. (432) 524-1469. Rentals: (432) 524-1401.  
 
James Roberts Center:
432) 524-1463. Rentals: (432) 524-1401.   This building is located on Big Spring Highway. 
 
Lincoln Center:
432) 524-1467. Rentals: (432) 524-1401. 400 Northwest Avenue J. 
 
Annual Permian Basin Bluegrass Festival & Bicycle Tour, Labor Day Weekend Sept:
Activities include music jamming, a cake and ice cream social, lots of bluegrass bands, and food vendors. Bring your lawn chairs. RV sites with full and partial hookups are available. This event is sponsored by the Andrews Odd Fellows & Rebekah Lodges. It is held on Labor Day weekend. (432) 523-2695. The event is held at Flory Park located 9.6 miles north on U.S. 385.
 
Annual Roberts Family Computerized Christmas Light Display:
The display is set to music. It takes 200 hours to set up. The show was cancelled one year due to a lack of time. They could use some help. It is located at 390 NE FM 1250, across Mustang Drive from the hospital. (432) 570-0585. 
 
Buddy's Drive-In, 1959:
Buddy’s is famous for its large orders of delicious steak fingers, fries and gravy. Click the above link for reviews. (432) 523-4890. Buddy’s is located on Broadway Street (SH 176).