Contact
 
 
County
Comal
Region
Hill Country
Population
2010 Census - 200
2000 Census - 200
Nearby
Towns
Spring Branch, Texas
null
Spring Branch Texas History:
Rancher D. Knibble and his family settled in the area in 1852. The town that developed was named for the Guadalupe River feeder creek that flows through the town. The Spring Branch post office was established in the Knibble store in 1858. The population remained around 25 until Canyon Lake was completed in the mid-1960s. After the lake formation, new and old residents began establishing businesses to serve the nearby lake visitors. The Cypress Springs housing development is located in the area. Guadalupe River State Park and the Honey Creek State Natural Area are located just outside of Spring Branch. Unincorporated Spring Branch is located on the Guadalupe River and Spring Branch Road, just west of U.S. 281, 36 miles north of San Antonio, 12 miles north of Bulverde, 28 miles northeast of Boerne, approximately 10 miles northeast of Bergheim, 40 miles southeast of Luckenbach, 31 miles southeast of Albert, 24.9 miles southeast of Sisterdale, 111 miles southeast of Kendalia, 30 miles south of Johnson City, 16.4 miles south of Blanco, 43 miles southwest of Dripping Springs, 20.5 miles southwest of Fischer, 36 miles west of San Marcos, 20 miles northwest of Sattler, 13.5 miles northwest of Startzville, and 27.5 miles northwest of New Braunfels, Texas. 
 
Historic Specht's Crossing, Texas Historical Marker Text:
“Area settlers in horse-drawn carriages used this gravel bed low water crossing of the San Antonio-Blanco Road to reach the German settlement of Spring Branch. Despite frequent floods, use of the crossing increased during the years (1875-1906). Spring Branch postmaster Hans (Von) Specht maintained the post office in his hilltop home overlooking the crossing. Thereafter known as Specht's Crossing, it was later used by automobile travelers until replaced by a low water bridge in 1920. In 1934 a new bridge was constructed by the Civil Works Administration.” The crossing is located just west of the Spring Branch Road Bridge over Spring Branch Creek, 4.5 mi. west of the Spring Branch community.  
 
Bulverde/Spring Branch Public Library, Bulverde, TX:
The library provides traditional library programs, children, youth and adult programs, summer programs, public access computers with internet connections, and free Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Thu, 10am-8pm, Fri-Sat, 10am-6pm; closed Sunday. (830) 438-4864. The library is located 12 miles south of Spring Branch at 131 Bulverde Crossing, Bulverde, Texas. Contacts