Hill Country
2010 Census - 46,936
2000 Census - 16,335
Pflugerville, Texas
Pflugerville Texas History:
In 1849, German immigrant Henry Pfluger settled his family on 160 acres of land east of Austin. In 1853, he traded his land for a larger farm located 5 miles east of present day Pflugerville. When William Bohls founded Pflugerville in 1860, he named it after Henry. In 1872, a school was established on Henry Lisso’s farm. This farming community had no businesses until 1890 when Louis Bohls built a general store. The Pflugerville post office opened his store in 1893 with Louis as postmaster. Around 1904, George Pfluger donated land for a train depot and school and he and his son Albert platted the townsite. The 1904 arrival of the Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railway line connecting Austin and Georgetown spurred Pflugerville’s growth. Otto Pfluger built a cotton gin in 1904. Five years later he built a second gin and an ice factory. H.H. Pfluger built the Sky Dome Theater in 1913; the theater showed motion pictures to the accompaniment of a player piano, on Friday and Saturday nights. In 1914 the town had 500 residents. By 1849, the population had fallen to 380 as residents moved to Austin and other nearby towns. Pflugerville incorporated in 1965, causing a growth spurt. Real growth began in the late 1990s as growth in the Austin, Round Rock and Georgetown areas boomed. Pflugerville grew from 4,444 residents in 1990 to 16,335 residents in 2000. Pflugerville is located at the intersections of FM 685, IH-35, the SH 45 Toll Road and the SH 130 Toll Road, 17 miles northeast of Austin, 26 miles northeast of Hudson Bend and Lake Travis, 22.6 miles southeast of Leander, 16.6 miles southeast of Cedar Park, 7.7 miles southeast of Round Rock, 19 miles southeast of Georgetown, 56 miles south of Killeen, 48 miles southwest of Belton, 29.3 miles southwest of Granger, 18.4 miles southwest of Taylor, 22.4 miles southwest of Elgin, 18 miles southwest of Coupland, 40 miles northwest of Bastrop, 22 miles northwest of Webberville, and 28 miles north of Elroy, Texas. 
Pflugerville Fallen Warrior Memorial:
This beautiful memorial is located in Pflugerville Park. It features life sized bronze sculptures of three generations of warriors standing in front of a granite pentagon, and amphitheater seating. The names of veterans killed in action are engraved on the pentagon. This beautiful memorial is located in Pfluger Park at 515 City Park Road.
Heritage House Museum:
The Heritage House Museum features exhibits depicting the history of Pflugerville. It is open the first Sunday of each month from 1pm-4pm, and for special events, such as the Heritage House Holiday Home Tour, and the Holidays at Heritage Park event. (512) 990-6355. The museum is located in Heritage Park at 901 Old Austin Hutto Road, Pflugerville, 78660. Email  
Austin Community College, Pflugerville Center:
(512) 594-1125. The center is located at Hendrickson High School at 2905 FM 685, 78660.
Pflugerville Public Library:
The library provides traditional library programs, children, youth and adult programs, summer programs, meeting space, public access computers with internet connections, and free Wi-Fi. It also offers free Hoopla Digital, a Netflix type service permitting members to download movies, e-books, music and other entertainment to their personal devices. Up to five may be downloaded each month either in the library or online. Open Mon-Thu, 10am-9pm; Fri, 10am-6pm; Sat, 10am-4pm; Sun, 1pm-6pm. (512) 251-9185. 102 10th Street, 78660. Email