Contact
 
 
County
Kaufman
Region
Praries & Lakes
Population
2010 Census - 3,035
2000 Census - 2,151
Nearby
Towns
Mabank, Texas
null
Mabank Texas History:
Lorenzo D. Stover first settled the area in 1846. In 1887, merchant John R. Jones purchased land and platted a townsite. He named the town Lawn City for a popular cotton dress material he sold in his store. The town was renamed Lawndale when the post office was established in 1887. The Southern Pacific Railroad bypassed Lawndale by a mile in 1900. The owners of the nearby Mason-Eubank Ranch platted the town of Mabank on a one square mile tract of land. The Mabank post office was opened the same year. The town incorporated in 1911. After 1966, Mabank grew dramatically, largely due to the completion of Cedar Creek Reservoir which has attracted retirees and residents who commute to Dallas and other area towns for work. Mabank is located just east of the Cedar Creek Reservoir at the intersections of U.S. 175, SH 198 and FM 90, 5 miles northeast of Gun Barrel City, 21 miles southeast of Kaufman, 20 miles southwest of Canton, 53 miles west of Tyler, 7 miles west of Purtis Creek State Park, 42 miles northwest of Chandler and Lake Palestine, 18.7 miles northwest of Athens and Lake Athens, 17.5 miles northwest of Malakoff, 7 miles northwest of Eustace, 45 miles northeast of Corsicana, 34 miles northeast of the Richland Chambers Reservoir and WMA, and 34 miles northeast of Kerens, Texas.  
 
Victorian Lady Tea Room:
Nice tea room with good food. (903) 887-1837. 114 East Market Street. Reviews  
 
BnR Pit Grill:
They serve good hamburgers, breakfast foods, and other menu items. (903) 887-5772. 502 West Mason Street. Reviews 
 
Mom’s Kitchen:
They serve good home cooking. (903) 887-0177. 303 North 3rd Street. Reviews