Contact
 
 
County
Tarrant
Region
Praries & Lakes
Population
2010 Census - 39,627
2000 Census - 27,345
Nearby
Towns
Keller, Texas
null
Keller Texas History:
In the early 1850s, Double Springs, the first area settlement, was established 2 miles north of the present day site of Keller. In 1879, rumors that the Texas and Pacific Railway would build a line through the northern portion of the county caused residents to move to where the tracks would be located. They called their new settlement Athol. In 1881, H.W. Wood Gave 40 acres for the Athol townsite. In 1882, A.G. Roberts sold a right-of-way to the Texas and Pacific Railroad. When the railroad established a stop at Athol, the town was renamed Keller after a Texas and Pacific Railroad official. The Keller post office was established in 1888. Keller incorporated in 1958. Today Keller is an affluent suburb of Fort Worth. Keller is located on U.S. 377, just west of Southlake, 34.6 miles northwest of Dallas, 23 miles northwest of Arlington, 10 miles northwest of Colleyville, 9 miles northwest of North Richland Hills, 19 miles northeast of Fort Worth, 27 miles northeast of Azle, 21.7 miles southwest of Denton, 22.3 miles southwest of Lewisville, 7.7 miles southwest of Trophy Club, and 10.8 miles west of Grapevine, Texas.
 
City of Keller, Texas Historical Marker Text:
After Texas & Pacific Railroad came through this area, H.W. Wood, a druggist, set aside 40 acres on July 19, 1881, for this townsite. He named the new village "Athol". Within a year, the name became "Keller", honoring John C. Keller, railroad construction crew foreman. Many businesses grew up to meet the needs of the surroundings farms. In 1886 the Post Office was established. There were two hotels, three doctors, a newspaper, and a school. The Baptist, Methodist, and Presbyterian congregations erected a Union Church building in 1886. Keller was incorporated 1958.” The marker is located on Bear Creek Road, just east of its intersection with U.S. 377.
 
Keller Veterans Memorial Park 0.3 Acres:
Amenities include a granite monument, landscaping and the old Keller water tower. 100 N. Main Street. (817) 743-4050. Email
 
Keller Public Arts Program:
Click on the above link for access to a map of public art works.
 
STARS Theater Company:
This non-profit theater group provides young people with education, training and performing experience in theater arts. They perform several musicals, melodramas, fairy tales or other theater performances each year. Students come from the surrounding communities of Southlake, Grapevine, Keller, North Richland Hills, Coppell, Saginaw and Fort Worth. As of 2012 they were rehearsing in the Crown of Life Church fellowship room at 6605 Pleasant Run in Colleyville while they are searching for a new building. The 2012 annual summer musical was held at the TCC Northeast campus at 828 Harwood Road in Hurst, Texas. (817) 421-2883. Email
 
Keller Public Library:
The library provides traditional library programs, children, youth and adult programs, summer programs, books and music on CDs and DVDs, a free Mango Languages program, public access computers with internet connections, and free Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Wed, 10am-8pm; Thu-Fri, 10am-6pm; Sat-Sun, noon-5pm. (817) 743-4800. 640 Johnson Road. Contacts