Contact
 
 
County
Bexar
Region
South Texas Plains
Population
2010 Census - 18,198
2000 Census - 11,508
Nearby
Towns
Converse, Texas
null
Converse Texas History:
In 1877, Southern Pacific Railroad engineer Major Converse purchased land that is now the current Converse townsite. The town was named after him. The Converse post office was granted in 1878. The town was slow to grow. Current growth reflects the town’s proximity to San Antonio. Converse incorporated in 1961. Converse is located just inside Loop 1604 on FM 78 and FM 1976 (Gibbs Sprawl Road), east of IH-35, 39 miles northeast of Castroville, 14.5 miles northeast of downtown San Antonio, 6.3 miles northeast of Kirby, 12 miles south of Garden Ridge, 47 miles east of Mico, 4.6 miles east of Windcrest, 33.6 miles south of Startzville and Canyon Lake, 20.6 miles southwest of New Braunfels, 50 miles southwest of Luling, 28 miles southwest of Seguin, 7 miles southwest of Cibolo, 4 miles southwest of Schertz, 3 miles southwest of Universal City and Randolph Air Force Base, 13 miles northwest of Adkins, and 25 miles north of Elmendorf, Texas.
 
Converse Public Library:
The library provides traditional library programs, children, youth and adult programs, summer programs, public access computers with internet connections, and free Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Tue & Thu, 9am-6pm; Wed, 10am-7pm; Fri, 9am-5pm; Sat, 10am-2pm; closed Sunday. (210) 659-4160. 601 S. Seguin Street. Email