Contact
 
 
County
Collin
Region
Praries & Lakes
Population
2010 Census - 116,989
2000 Census - 33,714
Nearby
Towns
Frisco, Texas
null
Frisco Texas History:
The community of Emerson was originally located on the farm of Francis Emerson. When the post office was established in 1902 the town was renamed Frisco City after the St. Louis, San Francisco and Texas Railway Company. During its early years, Frisco had several cotton gins and grain elevators, and was a retail and shipping center for area farmers and ranchers. By 1914, Frisco was incorporated and had approximately 1,000 residents. Beginning in the 1970s, the town began growing rapidly due to its proximity to Dallas and Plano. From 2000 to 2009, Frisco was the fastest growing city in the United States. Frisco is located a few miles east of Lewisville Lake at the intersections of U.S 380, SH 121, the Dallas North Tollway and SH 289, 50 miles northeast of Fort Worth, 27 miles north of Dallas, 24.3 miles northeast of Grapevine and Lake Grapevine, 15 miles northeast of Lewisville, 8 miles east of Little Elm and Lake Lewisville, 28.7 miles southeast of Pilot Point and Lake Ray Roberts, 26 miles southeast of Denton, 57 miles southwest of Denison and Lake Texoma, 18 miles southwest of McKinney, 17.5 miles northwest of Lucas and Lake Lavon, 34 miles northwest of Lake Ray Hubbard, 30 miles northwest of Wylie, 27 miles northwest of Garland, 18 miles northwest of Plano, and 12 miles northwest of Allen, Texas. 
 
Frisco Public Art:
Frisco’s public art includes some wonderful bronze sculptures. The Shawnee Trail Cattle Drive sculptures at the Centre at Preston Ridge features cattle, cowboys on horseback, horseless cowboys, buffalo and a chuckwagon. These statues are located at Central Park at 3155 Parkwood Drive, 75034. Click for photos and the location of additional public art works.