Lake Arlington Information:
Lake Arlington is located on Village Creek, a tributary of the West Fork of the Trinity River. The lake is used for municipal and industrial water supply and for recreational purposes. It is owned by the City of Arlington which began construction of the lake in 1956. The lake was impounded in 1957. The 2,250 surface acre lake has a maximum depth of 51 feet. The lake has a hazardous shallow area which is marked on the park facilities map available from the Arlington Parks Department. The lake is located just north of IH-20 on the western edge of Arlington, Texas at 6300 West Arkansas Lane, 76016. (817) 451-6860.
Lake Arlington Location Map
Current Lake Arlington Lake Level
Lake Arlington TPWD Public Access Facilities Map
The creek rises east of Joshua, Texas in north central Johnson County. It flows 34 miles, passing through Arlington, Texas, to its mouth on the West Fork of the Trinity River, northwest of Arlington, Texas. The stream is intermittent in its upper reaches. Lake Arlington is the only impoundment on the creek. The Lake Arlington Dam is located 2 miles northwest of Kennedale. Creek tributaries include Willow, Deer and Cottonwood Creeks.
The lake is located just north of IH-20 on the western edge of Arlington, Texas at 6300 West Arkansas Lane, 76016.