2000 Census - 46,005
Euless Texas History:
The area was first settled in 1841 when Bird's Fort was established at a site just south of the present city limits. The community was established in 1845 by Isham Crowley and his small group of settlers who settled at the confluence of Big Bear and Little Bear Creeks. In 1857, the Estill’s Station post office was established when the community had a school, church, store and a cotton gin. The post office closed in 1868, and reopened in 1881 under the name Estelle. It closed again in 1904. This community gradually dissipated as residents and businesses moved to present day Euless and Irving. A combination community hall, church and school were built one mile southwest of Estelle in 1876. In 1881 Elisha Adam and Julia Euless built a home and cotton gin nearby and the community began to thrive. The town was named after Elisha. The Euless post office opened in 1886 and closed in 1910. In the early 1900s, Euless and the nearby small community of Tarrant merged. The Euless post office reopened in 1949. In 1957, American Airlines began moving its installations to Euless. The population surged to over 4,200 in 1960. In 1967 Euless voted 211 to 133 to merge with smaller Bedford, but an overwhelming majority in Bedford opposed it. Euless is located north of the West Fork of the Trinity River, at the intersections of SH 10, SH 360 and SH 183, at the eastern city limits of Bedford, 9.4 miles south of Grapevine, 21 miles northwest of Dallas and 20.5 miles northeast of Fort Worth, Texas.
Elisha Adam Euless, Texas Historical Marker Text:
“Elisha Adam Euless (1848-1911) migrated to Texas in 1867 from Bedford County, Tennessee and settled in Tarrant County. In July 1870 Euless married Judy Ann Trigg, also a Tennessee native. He began farming and bought land in 1871. Euless was elected a Tarrant county constable in 1876. In March 1879 Euless purchased 170 acres in the area known as Woodlawn from his mother-in-law, Mary Ann Trigg. The land included a two-story grange hall built in 1877. The first floor was used as a community school and by the local Methodist and Presbyterian churches. The grange used the top floor. Euless prospered as a farmer and produced considerable amounts of cotton and corn. In 1881 he bought 80 acres where a cotton gin stood. The community that grew around the cotton gin and the grange hall came to be called Euless. A post office, mistakenly named Euless, opened there in 1886. Euless was elected Tarrant county sheriff for two terms, serving from 1892 to 1896. He was the first sheriff to occupy the courthouse completed in 1895. He later returned to the town of Euless, and then moved back to Fort Worth.” 201 N. Ector Drive.
Heritage Park & Euless Museum, 4 Acres:
Buildings include the reservable Ruth Millican Center, the 1932 Fuller House Museum (the town’s first brick house), the 1850s Himes Log house, and the 1919 McCormick Barn. The Fuller House is furnished with period pieces and accessories. Additional amenities include a playground, picnic areas and a 0.5 mile walking trail. Free tours are offered the second Saturday of each month from 1pm-5pm, or by special appointment. (817) 685-1649. 201 Cullum Drive. Email
Euless Public Library:
The library provides traditional library programs, children, youth and adult programs, summer programs, meeting rooms, public access computers with internet connections, and free Wi-Fi. It also offers free Hoopla Digital, a Netflix type service permitting members to download movies, e-books, music and other entertainment to their personal devices. Up to five may be downloaded each month either in the library or online. Open Mon-Tue & Thu, 10am-9pm; Wed, 10am-6pm; Fri-Sat, 10am-5pm; Sun, 1pm-5pm. (817) 685-1679. (817) 685-1480. The library is located at the Euless City Hall campus at 201 N. Ector Drive. Campus Map
Simmons Senior Center:
This 22,000 square foot Center provides activities and programs for seniors age 60 and over. Amenities include a library, media room, computer room, classrooms, game rooms, a medical room and a catering kitchen with adjacent dining areas. The building also features a covered drive-through drop off area for disabled residents and inclement weather. (817) 685-1670. The Senior Center is located at 300 W. Midway in the Euless Family Life Center.
Event Venue - Texas Star Conference Center & Golf Course:
The center features 7,000 square feet of flexible event space; the grand ballroom seats up to 325 guests. Additional amenities include a 4,000 square foot picnic pavilion. (817) 685-1845. 1400 Texas Star Parkway.
Annual Bloomin' Bluegrass Festival & Chili Cook-Off in Farmers Branch, 3rd Weekend in Oct:
Activities include live bluegrass music, the chili cook-off, an Arts and Crafts Fair, food vendors, and the Celebration of Roses at the rose gardens. Bring your lawn chairs or blankets. Rental chairs will be available. Free RV camping is available at the parking and shuttle lot at 11800 Ford Road; there are no hookups. Admission is free. Open Fri, 5pm-10pm; Sat, 10:30am-10pm; music begins at noon. Parking and a shuttle service are located at 12000 Ford Road, 75234. This rain or shine event is held at the Farmers Branch Historical Park at 2540 Farmers Branch Lane. (972) 406-0184.
Annual Christmas Parade of Lights, 1st Saturday in Dec:
Activities include a parade and a visit by Santa. The parade begins at 6:30pm at Midway Drive and Bear Creek Parkway. It travels west on Midway and ends at Trinity High School where float awards will be given.
Al Wadi Cafe:
(817) 282-2156. The restaurant is located at 2712 Brown Trail. Reviews
Saviano's Pizzeria & Restaurant:
(817) 283-3121. 300 N Main Street. Reviews
Thai Papaya Garden:
Open Mon-Fri, 11am-3pm & 5pm-10pm; Sat-Sun, 11am-10pm. (817) 684-9378. 1201 W. Airport Freeway, Suite 100. Email Reviews
Joe's Pizza, Pasta & Subs:
(817) 358-4558. 1060 Main Street. Reviews