2010 Census - 2,560
2000 Census - 2,517
Daingerfield, Texas
Daingerfield Texas History:
It is thought that the first Europeans to arrive in the area camped by the spring located near the downtown area of the former Daingerfield townsite. In 1830, Captain London Daingerfield lost his life in an Indian battle near the spring. The town that grew up around the battlefield in the 1840s was named in his honor. The Republic of Texas named Daingerfield the county seat of the former Paschal County. In 1877, Daingerfield was selected the county seat of the newly formed Morris County. The Daingerfield post office was established in 1846. The Louisiana, Arkansas and Texas built a line a half mile southeast of the town. After the 1879 fire destroyed most of the town, businesses and residents moved a half mile southeast to be closer to the railroad. In 1904, Daingerfield had a chair factory, a tannery, a hat factory, a cotton gin, and a flour mill and 699 residents. In 1931 the town had 818 residents. The town’s greatest growth occurred during and after World War II with the opening of the Lone Star Steel Company and the United States Navy Bureau of Ordnance Aerophysics Laboratory. Daingerfield is located 2 miles northwest of Daingerfield State Park at the intersections of U.S. 259 (Linda Drive), SH 49 (Broadnax Street), and SH 11 (E.W.M. Watson Boulevard), 55 miles northwest of Karnack and Caddo Lake, 47.4 miles northwest of Marshall, 31.7 miles northwest of Jefferson and Lake O’ the Pines, 41 miles north of Longview, 66.5 miles northeast of Tyler, 50.7 miles northeast of Hawkins, 52 miles northeast of Quitman, 30.5 miles northeast of Gilmer, 36.4 miles northeast of Winnsboro, 15.3 miles northeast of Pittsburg, 27 miles east of Lake Bob Sandlin, 55.4 miles southeast of Sulphur Springs, 33 miles southeast of Mount Vernon, 18 miles southeast of Mount Pleasant, 59 miles southwest of Texarkana, 43 miles southwest of New Boston, 36 miles southwest of Atlanta and Wright Patman Lake, and 22 miles west of Linden, Texas. 
Morris County Courthouse, 1973:
This building was designed in modern style by architects Pierce, Pace and Associates. The 2010 Morris County Census was 12,934. (903) 645-3591. 500 Broadnax Street, Daingerfield, TX 75638 Photos    
Morris County Courthouse, 1882:
This courthouse was designed by architects Peterson & Stuckey. The exterior restoration was completed in 2001. The courthouse is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It currently houses law offices.
Historic John Wingate Truitt Cabin, Jenkins, Texas:
In 2009, John Truitt’s 1841 dogtrot cabin near Jenkins became a Texas State Historical Commission state archaeological site. Family members paid for the cabin renovations which were completed by Phil Johnston of Jenkins, Texas. The renovations included taking apart the cabin log by log and reassembling it using new logs when necessary. The cabin contains no nails. The original 80 foot deep well is still located near Mandy Springs. The cabin sits under a protective pavilion on nine acres of land spanning both sides of FM 144 near Jenkins. The cabin is located on the north side of the road. The gravesites of John Truitt, his wife, and several other family members are located in the Jenkins Community’s Clark Cemetery. Jenkins is located on U.S. 259, south of Daingerfield and north of Lone Star, Texas.   
Daingerfield Public Library:
The library provides traditional library programs, children, youth and adult programs, summer programs, public access computers with internet connections, and free Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm; it is closed for lunch from noon-1pm., and is closed on Saturdays and Sundays. (903) 645-2823. 207 Jefferson Street.