Contact
 
 
County
Erath
Region
Praries & Lakes
Population
2010 Census - 3,654
2000 Census - 3,754
Nearby
Towns
Dublin, Texas
null
Dublin Texas History:
Dublin was founded in 1854 by A.H. Dobkins. It was named in 1860. In 1874, Dublin received stagecoach service and a post office. In 1881, the Texas central Railroad built through town to Mount Airy, located a few miles of Dublin. J. D. Bishop laid out a townsite on the line four miles south of Mount Airy. Residents and businesses from Old Dublin moved to the New Dublin townsite. Within a year new Dublin had 45 businesses and 65 homes, so the railroad moved its depot from Mount Airy to new Dublin. Dublin incorporated in 1889. By 1890, the population was 2,025. Today Dublin’s industries include agriculture, oil and gas production, clothing factories, peanut shelling and drying plants, feed mills, milk processing, saddle and rope making, and metal stamping. Country singer Johnny Duncan (1938-2006) was born in Dublin. Dublin is located at the intersection of U.S. 377/U.S. 67 and SH 6, 48 miles northeast of Brownwood, 21 miles northeast of Comanche, 15 miles northeast of Proctor and the Proctor Reservoir, 42.6 miles southeast of Eastland, 22.6 miles southeast of Gorman, 12.5 miles southeast of De Leon, 43 miles southwest of Granbury, 43 miles southwest of Glen Rose, 13 miles southwest of Stephenville, 44 miles northwest of Meridian, 21 miles northwest of Hico, and35.4 miles northwest of Hamilton, Texas.  
 
Dublin Veteran’s Memorial:
This park features memorial walls honoring area veterans. The memorial is located in downtown Dublin on the grounds of the public library at 206 W. Blackjack Street.
 
Dublin Bottling Works (Former Dublin Dr Pepper) & W.P. Kloster Museum, Dublin, Texas:
The Dublin The Dublin Dr Pepper Bottling Company began bottling Dr Pepper in 1891, making it the oldest of the Dr Pepper bottling plants. It became famous in the 1970s when it decided to continue bottling Dr Pepper made with Imperial Pure Cane Sugar instead of switching to high fructose sugar. In 2011 the Dr Pepper Snapple Group brought suit against the Dublin Dr. Pepper Bottling Company for selling Dublin Dr Pepper outside its designated territory. A 2012 court ruling favored Dr Pepper Snapple Group Corporation. All the All Dr. Pepper bottling rights were transferred to the Dr Pepper Snapple Group, and Dublin Dr Pepper was no longer permitted to bottle their Dr Pepper or use the Dublin Dr Pepper Bottling Company name. Dublin Dr Pepper renamed itself Dublin Bottling Works. Instead of bottling Dr Pepper, it now bottles ten of its own soda flavors including Triple XXX Root Beer, NuGrape and SunCrest sodas. These sodas are sold in Old Doc’s Soda Shop. They also sell a selection of sodas from other independent soda bottling companies. Instead of annually, the company now hosts their Birthday Celebration every fifth year. Old Doc’s Soda Shop serves ice cream, sundaes, shakes, malts, sodas, and sells clothing, glassware, bottle openers and other miscellaneous items, and sweets and treats. The Dr Pepper museum features Dr Pepper artifacts most of which were collected by former owner Bill Kloster. Forty-five minute tours are offered daily beginning at 10:15am. A small tour fee applies. The shop is open daily, 10am-5pm; closed major holidays. (888) 398-1024. 105 East Elm Street.