Praries & Lakes
2010 Census - 22,807
2000 Census - 19,636
Colleyville, Texas
Colleyville Texas History:
Colleyville was first developed in the 1850s when several communities developed in the current Colleyville City limits. In 1880, physician Hilburn Howard Colley settled in the Bransford (later named Red Rock) area where he practiced for 40 years. The community of Bransford grew up a 1914 store. Over the years the area surrounding Bransford became known as Colleyville. Gas wells are still being drilled in the area. Colleyville’s proximity to Fort Worth has greatly influenced its growth. Colleyville is bounded on the north by Southlake, on the west by Richland Hills and Hurst, on the east by Grapevine and Euless, and on the south by Bedford. Colleyville is bounded on the north by Southlake, on the west by North Richland Hills and Hurst, on the east by Grapevine and Euless, and on the south by Bedford. It is located on SH 26 (Colleyville Boulevard), 28.6 miles south of Denton, 18 miles southwest of Lewisville and Lake Lewisville, 6 miles southwest of Grapevine and Grapevine Lake, 29.6 miles northwest of Dallas, 18.5 miles northwest of Grand Prairie and Mountain Creek and Joe Pool Lakes, 17.7 miles northwest of Arlington and Lake Arlington, 9.6 miles northwest of Euless, 4 miles northwest of Bedford, 30 miles northeast of Benbrook and Benbrook Lake, 18 miles northeast of Fort Worth, 24 miles northeast of White Settlement and Lake Worth, 29 miles east of Azle and Eagle Mountain Lake, and 11 miles southeast of Trophy Club, Texas.  
Historic Hamlet of Bransford, Texas Historical Marker Text:
“Apost office with the name Bransford opened in this vicinity in the late 19th century. In 1889 the post office was moved to Red Rock on the route of the St. Louis, Arkansas, and Texas Railroad. Named for pioneer Felix Grundy Bransford (1828-1898), the post office name eventually replaced the name of Red Rock and the town of Bransford became the center of a large farming community. Early residents of the area remembered a post office, two daily passenger trains, four doctors, two blacksmith shops, a livery stable, four general stores, and lodge hall in the town. The railroad depot provided a passenger and supply center for the surrounding agricultural communities. The Bransford Lodge Hall, built in 1911, provided a meeting place for four groups: The Odd Fellows, Woodmen of the World, Knights of Modern Macabees, and the Farmers Union. It was also a gathering place for many community activities. The closing of the Bransford Post Office in 1913 and the advent of highway travel contributed to the decline of Bransford. By the time the city of Colleyville was incorporated in 1956, most reminders of the hamlet called Bransford had disappeared.” The marker is located in Bransford Park. 408 Shelton Drive.
Sparger Park & POW Memorial, 8 Acres:
Amenities include the memorial, a reservable picnic pavilion, two playgrounds, picnic areas, open play space, restrooms and a 0.5 mile multi-use trail. 4301 Bedford Road.(817) 503-1180. Metro: (817) 498-4749.
Historic Webb House & Event Venue, 1914:
The house is located on land once part of the early settlement of Bransford which later became known as Colleyville. House features include a one-and-one-half story, gabled-roof, T-plan design, with a full-hipped roof porch on columns. The pair of central doors, flanked by double-hung windows with small space windows under the eaves, was typical of its era. This house is available for rentals and tours. Rentals: (817) 503-1180. Tours: (817) 503-1120. The house is located in the 2 acre Bransford Park at 405 Shelton Drive. Email 
Colleyville Public Library:
The library provides traditional library programs, children, youth and adult programs, summer programs, online tutoring, audio books, movies, music, a chess club, public access computers with internet connections, and free Wi-Fi. Open Mon & Wed, 10am-6pm; Tue & Thu, 10am-8pm; Fri, 10am-5pm; Sat, 10am-3pm; closed Sundays. (817) 503-1150. 110 Main Street.